Note: In order to create a new Workflow in your account, you must be an Admin. You can tell if you have Admin privileges because you will have the Company menu option in your profile. If you’re not an Admin, please have an Admin for your account contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Workflows are customizable groups of Tasks related to a larger project or objective, and they are a great way to make sure your team is resolving compliance issues the same way each time.
SiteCompli has created a library of best practices for resolving all sorts of items including violations and inspections that you can use and modify for your team's needs.
Creating a New Compliance Workflow
To create a new Workflow, click on the circular icon (the one that contains your initials or your picture) in the upper right-hand corner, click Company, and then click Workflow Library from the left-hand menu.
In the Workflow Library window click on the green Create a Workflow button.
In the Create Workflow window, search for related items to find a Workflow Template that suits your compliance needs and click Select.
In the Create Workflow window:
Tab 1: Details
- If desired, edit the Title and Description for your new Workflow Template.
- Verify the specific record type in Related To is correct.
- Click Next.
Tab 2: Tasks
- Verify the existing tasks in the Workflow,and edit existing tasks or create new tasks by clicking Add Task.
- Select if you would like a specific User, Role, or Team listed as the Default Assignee for the new Workflow.
- When you're done, click Save.
Tab 3: Automation
- Add Related data sets
- Toggle Trigger Automatically on if you'd like the the workflow to automatically trigger each time a new item related to that data set is added to your account.
- When you're done, click Create.
Your new custom Workflow is now added to your Workflow Library, and can be triggered by anyone on your team.
If your team's process changes for a Workflow, you can make any needed edits by clicking on the small pencil icon.
Don't see this feature? Workflows are only available for users on the InCheck platform. If you have any questions about how your team can access this feature, reach out to email@example.com.