InCheck's Initiative Boards are an easy, visual way to track completion of complex, multi-step projects. Here's how to set one up for your team:
- Click on Initiatives in the left-side navigational tabs of your InCheck account.
You should see Initiatives between Team Tasks and Requests, associated with a lightbulb icon. If you don't see Initiatives as an option, let us know - we'll ensure it's turned on for your account
- Click the blue Create Initiative button
- Here's where you'll specify what you'd like to track for this specific Initiative:
- Enter a Title and a Description
- Select One-time Initiative or Ongoing Initiative
One-time initiatives are great for projects with an end date - required inspections that must happen before the end of the year, or a renovation project that must be completed within a specific timeframe or by a certain date. Ongoing initiatives are great for tracking ongoing work that can happen anytime - resident requests and related follow-ups, ongoing make readys, or daily boiler inspections, for example. The biggest difference is that one-time initiatives will have a tracker for all the projects in totality - so you'll know whether or not you're 100% to your goal for your entire Initiative.
- Make sure you check "I want a board" so you get a visual board for tracking
- Select your initial Workflow that this Initiative will be based on
This Workflow will appear in the leftmost column of your Initiative board. It will also automatically pull in any related follow-up Workflows. For example, your Daily Boiler Inspection Workflow may have follow-up work, emergency protocols, or vendor-related repairs depending on what's found during the inspection. All of these Workflows will appear as part of the board, so you can track each inspection from beginning to end, no matter what happens.
Please note - you can only create one Initiative Board for your primary Workflow. If you have any questions about this, let us know!
- Click Create Initiative
You're all set! Now you can track your project just by clicking into your Initiative board and seeing what's complete, and what's not.