What is Local Law 111?
As of June 12, 2019, all self-closing door violations will be marked as Class C immediately hazardous violations, and failure to correct these violations in a timely manner could result in emergency repairs through HPD.
Per the city:
All doors providing access to interior corridors or stairs in occupancy groups R-1 and R-2 shall be self-closing or equipped with a device that will ensure closing after having been opened by July 31, 2021.
Residential Group R-1 occupancies containing sleeping units where the occupants are primarily transient in nature, including:
- Boarding houses - with more than 10 occupants
- Congregate living facilities - with more than 10 occupants
- Hotels & Motels
Residential Group R-2 occupancies containing sleeping units or more than two dwelling units where the occupants are primarily permanent in nature, including:
- Apartment houses
- Congregate living facilities (nontransient) - with more than 16 occupants
- Boarding houses (nontransient)
- Fraternities and sororities
- Hotels (nontransient)
- Live/work units
- Motels (nontransient)
- Vacation timeshare properties
Reviewing your HPD Door Violations
You can review your HPD Door related Class C violations in your SiteCompli/InCheck account via the following link: Click here